Using the windows built-in FTP utility to Publish pages
Your web pages are now on the IamMEA server!
- Open a command window
- Click on your Start menu
- Choose Accessories
- Choose Command Prompt
- A command window will open. Type ftp www.iammea.org and
- Enter your www.IamMEA.org user id and press Enter. Enter your www.IamMEA.org
password and press Enter.
- You may now use FTP commands to move your files. If you need help, type
? and press Enter for a list of all commands or
? command (ex: ? put) for a description of a specific
To move your files:
- Move to your directory on IamMEA by using the command cd (change directory).
Type cd directory (ex: cd tmoreau) and press
- Move to the directory on your pc that contains your web files by using
the command lcd (local change directory). Type lcd directory
(ex: lcd c:\mynewweb) and press Enter.
- If you are moving non-text files such as images, turn on binary transfer
mode by typing bin and pressing Enter.
- Move your file by typing put filename (ex: put
- When you have moved all of your files, type quit to close
the FTP program.
- Type exit to close the command window.